Risk Awards 2018
The Risk Awards are the longest-running awards of their kind and are widely recognised as the most prestigious for firms and individuals in our markets. This year the 2018 Risk Awards dinner and awards ceremony will take place in London on November 28, 2017, and will be bigger and better than ever. It now incorporates the previously separate Buy-side Awards, as well as a revamped version of Risk's annual ranking of technology vendors.
- Registration now closed
The Risk Awards 2018 will take place at The Brewery in London on Tuesday, November 28, 2017. They will incorporate our previously seperate Buy-Side Awards.
The Risk.net Market Technology Awards 2018 will also be presented based on:
- In the past, winners of Risk's technology rankings have been recognised on the same night as those of the Risk Awards. That will continue this year, but the rankings were decided in the past by a market survey; this year, we are replacing them with a judging panel - firms that want to be considered will have to enter.
- Most of the categories from last year's rankings will be carried over to this new set of awards; but those focusing on broader risk management and non-traded risks will be moved to a new event, scheduled for June 2018.
This is a great opportunity for all sections of the market to celebrate together: from the investment banks, buy-side firms and non-bank market-makers, to market structure firms and technology providers. The combined awards ceremony will be a bigger and better experience for firms and individuals alike.
Risk Awards 2018 - judging process:
These awards are decided by the editors and journalists of Risk.net and Risk magazine.
The judging process is split into three parts and winners are decided based on:
- Submission of pitch documents
- Off-the-record meetings
- Due diligence on shortlisted candidates, including client calls
Risk.net Market Technology Awards 2018 - judging process:
These awards are decided by an expert judging panel, consisting of senior industry executives and the editors of Risk.net and Risk magazine. Members of the panel will only judge those categories appropriate to their areas of expertise.
- Winners will be decided on the strength of entries alone.
To view the 2017 photo gallery, click here